Just in front of the entrance to the path along the left bank of the River Serchio this small, interesting wayside shrine can be found next to a multi-family structure. It was built in 1912 in the Art-Nouveau style near the start of the San Pietro bridge. The simple structure, of very modest dimensions, is opened by a curved door and a wooden gate made up of two shutters with spy holes. The principal point of interest is the beautiful image of the Holy Face sculpted on the inside which dominates the back wall above the wooden altar. The place is visited by the local population on the occasion of the Solemnity of the Invention and the Exaltation of Santa Croce on May 3 and September 14.
Sources: R., Monacci F., Luoghi della devozione, per un catalogo delle microstrutture religiose nel contado lucchese, Italia Nostra Sezione di LuccaItalia Nostra Sezione di Lucca