menu
close
The Oratory of San Pietro, Turchetto

The Oratory of San Pietro, in an elevated position above the path of the Francigena, was founded in 1722 by the brothers Giovan Domenico and Giuliano Carignani, rich merchants from the small district of Montecarlo. On the top of the plastered façade there is a tympanum, in which there is a aristocratic coat of arms in clear stone. Interesting aspects are the eyehole of mixed-linear shape and the two rectangular windows adjacent to the lateral pillars of the gate. It is the only place of worship of the town in which particular devotion for the saint is practiced.

Sources: R., Monacci F., Luoghi della devozione, per un catalogo delle microstrutture religiose nel contado lucchese, Italia Nostra Sezione di Lucca montecarloditoscana.it

GENERAL INFO
Address
Via Romana Est Chiesetta, 55015 Turchetto LU, Italia
Municipality
Montecarlo (LU)
GPS coordinates
43.830861,10.638925
Contact person
Don Lorenzo Fausto Battioli
Telephone
0583 22034
mapSee the map