menu
close
Saints Quirico and Giulitta collegiate church - Photo ©Vignaccia76
The Collegiate of Santi Quirico and Giulitta

The current church is constructed on the site of the old parish church which we hear about until the end of the 8th century. The Collegiate church is designed according to a Latin cross plan with a single nave and has three external doors. The first, built in sandstone and travertine from Bagno Vignoni, inside its large arch contains an extraordinary wealth of symbolic and religious imagery. One of the two lateral doors has been attribtued to Giovanni Pisan who in those years (1287-1288) was employed at Siena working on the construction of the Cathedral. The bell tower, as it appears today, was constructed at the end of the 18th century. The high altar in the Rococo style was commissed in 1724 by the Cardinal Flavio Chigi to Lombard artists. Behind the high altar is the backbone of the choir, one of the more interesting works in San Quirico: inlaid by the Sienese Antonio Barili between 1482 and 1502 for the Cathedral of Siena, they were acquired by the Marquis Chigi and placed in the choir of the Collegiate in 1749.  

GENERAL INFO
Address
Via Dante Alighieri, 25, 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia SI, Italia
Municipality
San Quirico D'Orcia (SI)
GPS coordinates
43.060367,11.603175
Opening hours
From 9:00 to 19:00.
Hours for Mass
Weekdays: at 17:00 (from October to April); at 18:00 (from May to September) Holidays: at 11:20.
Contact person
Don Luca Vallarin
Telephone
0562 7897236
Accessibility
No, there are stairs at the entrance.
CONFESSION
Name (priest, religious figure, monk, nun)
Don Luca Vallarin and all the representatives of the hospice
Address
Piazza Chigi, 1 - 53027 S. Quirico d'Orcia (SI)
Telephone
0577 897236
NOTES

There is an online parish radio on the parish website. It is active every day and the program is found on the parish website. On Monday evenings at 9:00 it goes out live on the parish radio. An app is even available on the radio. 

mapSee the map