San Salvatore in Mustolio is a Romanesque-style church that dates to the eleventh century. Its current appearance derives from a twelfth-century reconstruction. Stones from the town’s medieval walls were used to build the first two metres off the ground. The upper part of the church was rebuilt in the nineteenth century. San Salvatore was affiliated with the canons of San Frediano in the eighteenth century, but was suppressed under Napoleonic rule. In 1820, it was owned by the Confraternita della Carità. The external facade bears some twelfth-century reliefs in the architraves: one depicting a eucharistic meal and the other a miracle of San Nicolao Prete, by Biduino. A painting of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary by Bonuccio Trénta was moved here from the former Church of San Pietro Maggiore. There’s also a San Girolamo di Alessandro Ardente di Faenza and Saints Zita and Paolino by Gaspare Mannucci.