The church is named after Saint Lorenzo da Brindisi and Madonna Immacolata, whose worship also extends to Pontremoli due to the Franciscan friars, minors and Capuchins present in the town. The Madonna and child in a glory of angels, venerated by the saints Lawrences and Francis and by a donor dominates on the altarpiece by the Florentine painter Jacopo Ligozzi (1547-1627), which embellishes the main altar. The work, much loved by locals, is regarded as the most beautiful in the town. The painting now covers a statue of the Madonna of Lourdes, which is positioned in a niche below. In the middle of the altar stands a carved wood tabernacle, a masterpiece of Capuchin wood working, made in 1705 by Fra Leone da Carpi for the church of Vignola (MO) and moved here in the mid twentieth century.