menu
close
Places of worship
San Francesco Church, San Quirico d'Orcia

Known as the Church of Madonna di Vitaleta, it was built on top of the remains of San Francesco monastery between 1867 and 1870. The interior has a single nave with four side altars. The Virgin Annunciate, attributed to Andrea della Robbia (early 16th century), is found on the main altar, moved from the rural chapel of Vitaleta in 1870. The art on display includes the Angel Annunciate and Virgin Annunciate, polychrome wooden statues Francesco di Valdambrino (early 15th century); Ventura Salimbeni’s Visitation (early 17th century); a Crucifix by the Sienese school (first half of the 15th century); the Immaculate Conception and Sermon of St. John the Baptist (1597) of Empoli.

GENERAL INFO
Address
Piazza Guglielmo Marconi, 4, 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia SI, Italia
Municipality
Piazza della Libertà – 53027 -San Quirico D'Orcia (SI)
Diocese
Colle di Val D'Elsa- Montalcino
GPS coordinates
43.059651,11.604748
Opening hours
9am-7pm
Accommodation contact person
Don Luca Vallarin
Telephone
0562 7897236
Accessibility
no
CONFESSION
Name (priest, religious figure, monk, nun)
Don Luca Vallarin and all hostel contacts
Address
Piazza Chigi, 1 - 53027 S. Quirico d'Orcia (SI)
Telephone, email
0577 897236
 
mapSee the map