Pietrasanta Cathedral has three naves and is covered in white marble. Marble lunette bas-reliefs are situated over the three doors. In the middle there’s the crucifix; with the deposition and resurrection on the sides. In the Latin cross interior, the different eras have left their own characteristics. The most important restoration was commissioned by the Grand Duchess Christina of Lorraine in 1627; the marble altars and confessionals date to this time, whereas the altarpieces and canvases above the confessionals were made by Florentine painters in the Medici court. The large crucifix that dominates the apsidal basin and the two “putti” are bronze works by the Florentine Ferdinando Tacca (1649). The marble pulpit, one of the most valuable works in the cathedral, is a masterpiece: the hexagonal bowl with high-relief sculptures is attributed to Donato Benti (1508), the base was designed by Lorenzo Stagi (1504), while the steps, finely carved from a single marble block, is by Andrea Baratta (1696).