The Church of Galleno is situated in the borderland between Fucecchio, Castelfranco di Sotto and Santa Croce sull’Arno. Despite this fractioning, worshippers from the three towns built the church together, dedicating it to Peter the Apostle and calling it “Chiesa di San Pietro Apostolo”. The feast day is on June 29. The village centre stands along the Via Francigena and it owes its development to this in ancient times. During the Middle Ages, the merchants who travelled it often stopped in the village. The earliest documentation dating to the eleventh century state Galleno as a little village. In 1113 it fell under the rule of the Bishop of Lucca and in 1284 it became administrated by the Municipality of Fucecchio. An 800-metre stretch of ancient cobblestones (still in an excellent condition) can be found in Galleno.