Mentioned in 1187, the Church of San Pietro, was rebuilt in the early seventeenth century on top of the medieval church, which stood at right angles compared to the previous building. The old door jambs can still be seen in an orchestra pillar; the stone pillar found in 1977, which can be seen in the counterfacade, is believed to date to a previous time. The Luni coat of arms on the façade is a reminder that the church belonged to this territory up until the twelfth century. The Ospitale di Sant'Antonio for pilgrims travelling the Via Romea stopped its activities in the late nineteenth century; one of the naves opened in the nineteenth century was built on its site. The church houses marble sculptures by P. Aprile and G. De Rossi da Fiesole and a wooden crucifix, believed to be miraculous.