On your way downhill, follow the northern crest on the opposite side, which you’ll abandon just before reaching the Focolaccia Pass—a setting that has been modified by the highest active quarry of the Apuane region. Continue downwards along the Carcaraia, which will bring you along the western wall of Roccadagia. At this point, continue diagonally; this segment is easier, though it is exposed and you’ll find metal cables installed for your protection. The itinerary continues northward to the marble basin of the Fosso dell’Acqua Bianca, where you’ll enjoy a woodsy track that later leads to the Passo della Tombaccia (1350 meters). Once you’ve crossed the pass, you’ll find that the path goes downhill and reaches the woods located on the other side of the Campocatino basin. In just a few minutes, you’ll be able to find your original departure point.
Trekking and Outdoor
- Capraia, hiking through mountains above the seaCapraia Island
- Renaissance Ring around FlorenceFlorence Area
- Monte Forato ring-routeFornovolasco
- Excursion in the Migliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli Nature ParkMigliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli Nature Park
- Exploring the Nature Park of the MaremmaMaremma Nature Park